Just imagine for the moment that you are a blind man and imagine the misery you will face in your daily life. Your life will be so bad that you cannot enjoy your life as good as it deserves. For example, without your eyes you cannot enjoy beautiful scenes, a sunny sky or a good movie and most importantly you cannot see your loved ones.
Imagine with all these problems how good will your life be? I know your answer. Everybody knows the answer to this sad question. Well, please come back from your imagination. I wish you a complete healthy life but this imagination was done only to realize the importance of our eyes.
Only by this imagination can we truly understand the significance of our eyes, that our eyes are the most important organ in our body as well as the best gift from the Almighty.
Being said that, if we want healthy eyes for our entire life then we should seriously care about them. We should follow the advices and tips given regarding eye care by professionals. Below I have compiled the list of some tips from my research on the topic of healthy eyes. Please read them and try to seriously follow them.
- Schedule regularly about eye care exams from Eye care professionals for yourself and for your entire family.
- If you have a habit of smoking then quit it or reduce the number of cigarettes per day because smoking is one of the reasons behind sight-threatening disease.
- Always wear safety goggles, when you play some sports or any activity that is dangerous for your eyes.
- Reduce the use of digital devices like TV, Computers and Laptops etc or give about 20 seconds of rest to your eyes after every 20 minutes of using digital devices.
- Active lifestyle like regular exercise can minimize the risk of permanent vision loss in old age.
- Always wear sunglasses to save your eyes from the sun’s UV rays.
- Avoid wearing lenses for a long duration of time.
- Eat fruits and veggies like Carrots, Broccoli, bell peppers and spinach etc because they contain good amounts of Vitamin C and Vitamin C is very much important for our eyes.